The types of online advertising and promotions are :
1. Associated Ad Display (text links)
An advertising strategy that displays a banner ad related to a term entered in a search engine.
2. Affiliate Marketing
A marketing arrangement by which an organization refers consumers to the selling companys Web site.
3. Ads as A Commodity
People paid for the time that is spent viewing an ad, such as mypoints.com and clickrewards.com.
4. Viral Marketing
Word-of-mouth marketing by which customers promote a product or service by telling others about it.
5. Customizing Ads
Filtering irrelevant information by providing consumers with customized ads can reduce this information overload.
A free Internet news service that broadcasts personalized news and information in categories selected by the user.
7. Online Events, Promotions and Attractions
Such as live web events :
a. Careful planning of content, audience, interactivity level, preproduction, and schedule.
b. Executing the production with rich media.
c. Conducting appropriate promotion.
d. Preparing for quality delivery.
e. Capturing data and analyzing audience response for improvement purposes.
Third-party vendors that conduct promotions, especially large scale ones.
Major considerations when implementing an online ad campaign :
1. Target audience of online surfers should be clearly understood.
2. Powerful enough server must be prepared to handle the expected volume of traffic.
3. Assessment of success is necessary to evaluate the budget and promotion strategy.
4. Cobranding many promotions succeed because they bring together two or ore powerful partners.
Turban, Efraim, David King, Jae Lee and Dennis Viehland.
Electronic Commerce. A Managerial Perspective.