Of course we have heard about mobile multimedia but what that word is about. Here are some info from any source.
• Mobile multimedia à the emergence of multimedia computer systems that are both mobile in that they are capable of being integrated into the telecommunications and networking infrastructures and offer access to services and applications using combinations of data, text, voice, video (among others) to anybody, anytime, anywhere.
• Mobile multimedia = multimedia + telecommunication
• Result : home shopping, distance learning, remote collaboration with specialists, online video
Mobile Multimedia Applications
• Mobile Video
• Mobile Audio
• Mobile Multimedia
– Mobile Flash
– Mobile TV
– Mobile Games
• Wireless Networking
• New Interfaces
– Hand-writing recognition
– Natural language
• Emerging applications areas including:
– M-commerce: shopping, ticket purchases, reservations, and comparison shopping.
– Finance: statements, funds transfer, and shares trading.
– M-billing: notification, presentation and payment of bills
– Enterprise Access: inventory, shipment/sales updates, and email access
– M-care: customer service, payment status, and other backroom operations
– Entertainment: games, gambling, and interactive multi-player events
– Messaging: communication and collaboration
– Travelling: scheduling, reservations and advisories.
Multimedia Application and Services in the Future
• Distance Learning
• eCommerce (including mCommerce)
• Improvements in VR
• Improvements in AI (Turing Test)
• Sensor devices will become less intrusive
• Improved interaction between user and system (Interactive TV)
• Video Telephony / Virtual Conferencing
From any source.